No, not with the ladies!!
To briefly outline my problem, my capabilities at present are:
Unweighted dips: 3 x 20 reps nice and controlled
weighted dips: 30kg plates, 5 sets of 7 reps
(My bodyweight is 75 kg at 5'-9" tall, 32" waist)
Pull-ups / chins 3 sets of 6 with bodyweight only.
Bent over rows (barbell) 3 sets of 6 with 60kg.
My back seems to have good muscle and no different to my chest and shoulder development. My triceps are also quite well developed.
I am not speaking in terms of bodybuilding here, just good athletic functional build (I can still run 6 miles in under 38 minutes)
What concerns me is that when I dip with 30kg plus my BW this is 105kg.
Yet when I do rows I only shift for the same reps 60kg. Also only BW on the pull-ups. Yet I always thought the back was more powerful than the chest.
Is this just down to the fact that the levers for back exercises are not as favorable as those for the pressing/pushing movements?
But there is one thing I am a bit hesitant to mention. That is the strength and size of my bicep. Yes I am aware it is the bodybuilder favorite muscle. But even in my weightlifting days for rugby, I was always the weakest at curls.
I also have quite long arms so not the perfect genetics I guess. Certainly they are not small. But they are noticably smallER.
So without anymore writing about size, I need to increase strength in my pull-up and row. And I assume strength will carry over eventually into the levers.
I have seen a thread somewhere on 'basic strength requirements' and that included 15 pull-ups. I am some way off that yet.
Anyone offer any help and some kind of pulling strength programme will be much appreciated.
I have rings but now need some proper structured training. A rope would have been handy too but still working on building a scaffold frame in my garden to get extra height on ring set-up.