This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM form check + questions

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, December 13, 2014 · 1 Replies · 83 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi!

I'm insisting on the forum with this exercise, because I realize that I make very few progress. And we are only at first mobility exercise of HS one... sigh :( ...

I followed your tips, so I use a weighted bar (2.5-3 kg) at shoulder width apart.

In the pic you can see my form... unfortunately after three weeks this is still my best... :(  I guess this is not good.

I wonder if I perform this exercise in the right way. So I would like to ask you:

1. When will I considere this exercise mastered? As I will be able to pull my arms behind my back line at shoulder width??

2. I see that I barely move my body forward at shoulder width, if I try to wider my grip it looks much easier. Is it normal?

3. Are there any other exercises that could help me to accelerate my progresses?

Please help me!

 

 

post-10847-0-26710900-1418499739_thumb.p

Rayne-William

Seriously be patient with your own body. Your arms were pulled back behind your head at that moment.

Watch the course video again and pay attention to what the athlete does with his shoulder blades/scapula as he pulls his arms backward.

 

Hold your abs tight so that you don't rotate your hips into an anterior pelvic tilt but hold a neutral pelvic tilt as you lean forward at the hips.

 

Yes, a wider hand spacing makes the element easier. However it is only easier because the wider hand spacing allows your shoulders to externally rotate around your acromion and let your arm fall back into the gymnastic shoulder dislocate. Right now, you need to develop the connective tissue for your shoulder rotator cuff muscles so that you don't injure your rotator cuff muscles while doing gymnastic shoulder dislocates with weighted bar that is much heavier.

 

Remember your current range of motion will get better as you progress further into your 12 week cycle. At three weeks into the cycle your body is just now starting to get busy with repair and adaption. You are about to start a deload week. Your body is going to be doing a lot of repair and adaption during your deload weeks. Just wait till you get to week nine.

 

Keep doing the best that you currently can do. Let your body do what needs to as it repairs itself.