This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder extensions goal weight

Started by Duff, December 12, 2014 · 8 Replies · 260 Views

Duff

Do we treat these the same as dislocates(slowly adding more weight) and is there any benefit to that or do we just keep them in the warmup at 2.5 kg?

Alessandro Mainente

once you can o easily them with 10% of your BW, use them on the warm up...because there will be easy

Jon Douglas

I'm working on a 20kg plate at the moment :) have a good long look at the motion of press to manna, and you will see the point of aiming high.

Duff
Jon Douglas said:

I'm working on a 20kg plate at the moment :) have a good long look at the motion of press to manna, and you will see the point of aiming high.

Yes, I thought there might be some carryover :). 20 kg? That's alot more than 10% bodyweight :D. How did you program them into your workouts to get to here?

Jon Douglas
Duff said:

Yes, I thought there might be some carryover :). 20 kg? That's alot more than 10% bodyweight :D. How did you program them into your workouts to get to here?

Steady state :)

Heavy dislocates helped but I find the motion easier in a dislocate. Like my leverage is slightly better so i can bring a few more muscles to bear on it.

Joshua Slocum

For mastery, 2.5 kg is fine. But as Jon said, it's worth increasing that over time :)

Duff
Jon Douglas said:

Steady state :)

Heavy dislocates helped but I find the motion easier in a dislocate. Like my leverage is slightly better so i can bring a few more muscles to bear on it.

Thanks for answering :). How about sets & reps? Did you do it for time or for reps?

Duff
Duff said:

Thanks for answering :). How about sets & reps? Did you do it for time or for reps? How many times a week?

Jon Douglas
Duff said:

Thanks for answering :). How about sets & reps? Did you do it for time or for reps?

I do 1x10 after shoulder flex reps to warm up for dislocate work.