This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Community work for courses translation

Started by Krel, December 11, 2014 · 15 Replies · 362 Views

Krel

Gymnasticbodies.com online courses system is incredible. It is clear, simple and precise. Its effectiveness is well proven :)
 
It is used by people from everywhere. I think it might be a good idea if the gymnasticbodies.com community was working on online courses translation for free. It could be effective to widen the community.
As my mother tongue is french, I could translate Foundation One in this language.
 
Everything would be translated excepted things like courses name (Foundation One would remain Foundation One etc.), exercices name (Arch Body Rock would remain Arch Body Rock, Bent Arm Chin Hang would remain Bent Arm Chin hang etc. :lol: )  and abbreviations (FSAS, FBAS and FLS would remain FSAS, FBAS and FLS, MN/PE2 & MN/PE2>iM would remain MN/PE2 & MN/PE2>iM etc.)
Just imagine if one day we had something like this for example :
 
141211050012496193.jpg

What do you think ?

Alexander Egebak

Nice suggestion.

 

I would like to volunteer for a team of Danish translators

vinca_minor

As long as moderators can read the languages it could work well, though many unilingual folks (us 'muricans) would be unfortunately left out of many discussions.

 

Depending on what languages Coach Sommer can read and write, Foreign Language users might miss out on his feedback, as well.

Talal

Brilliant idea!I would also volunteer to do Arabic translator version if needed.

Alexander Egebak
vinca_minor said:

As long as moderators can read the languages it could work well, though many unilingual folks (us 'muricans) would be unfortunately left out of many discussions.

 

Depending on what languages Coach Sommer can read and write, Foreign Language users might miss out on his feedback, as well.

I think the suggestion was regarding the course portal, programs and website while the forum langauge stays english.

 

You have a point about moderators though since there must be one per language for support of individual members

lnick1975

Isn't there a way to translate pages? Maybe it has to be setup? But could be a cool idea. May take a lot to get it done though.

Coach Sommer

Love the idea.  Let's make it happen.

 

Please PM Cory Fair and copy this discussion to get started.  Then please add the various translating volunteers to the discussion.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alexander Egebak

There is a sudden influx of community idea.


 


The wiki, other languages, podcasts as audio files...


Eric Baum

I can volunteer for a brazilian portuguese version =]

Nacho training

Another volunteer here. My girlfriend is studying translation interpretation english-spanish, so spanish helpers will have a good corrector.

LateStarter@46

I would volunteer for British English - gotta get the Union Jack flag up there too ;-)

Jon Douglas

Strayan here yo.

Richard Sassoon

I can also help with Brazilian portuguese :)

Romain

I can help for the French version :)

(it's time to give back a bit to the GB community)

Keilani Gutierrez

I can team up with any of the spanish translators. 

Edoardo Cagnola

I could help with the Italian translation if needed :)

By the way, this is an awesome idea!