Muscle-Up Form

Started by David Fisher, December 10, 2014 · 11 Replies · 2,422 Views

David Fisher

Hi Guys,

 

Please let me know what you think of this form. Goal is obviously to not swing at all and do a pure strict muscle-up. Might be a case of just keeping at it to improve strength and flexibility. Let me know.

 

Thanks,

David

Muscle-Up_DF.mp4

Pafke

Doing them with slower tempo should eliminate swinging.

chuchodani

Go slower, try keep your body straight and focus on the transition, you want to do it smooth.

Rayne-William

The true test of a strict ring muscle up comes when you do one or more repetitions while holding l-sit throughout the entire range of motion.

 

Go back to Russian dips and more false grip pull ups with a really slow negatives.

DieKatze

focusing on dipping variations and pull-up-variations will improve your muscle-up faster than you think. it does, at least for me.

 

for me personally, training the muscle-up is a waste of valuable training time.

Jon Douglas
DieKatze said:

focusing on dipping variations and pull-up-variations will improve your muscle-up faster than you think. it does, at least for me.

for me personally, training the muscle-up is a waste of valuable training time.

Agree. Get strong first; an (unweighted) muscle up is justa way tto move from under to over... so as to begin your strength series :D

David Fisher

Thanks guys. This makes a lot of sense. Really appreciate the feedback. I will work on my strength through earlier progressions and the slow muscle up will come with time. 

 

Cheers,

David 

Jon Douglas
David Fisher said:

Thanks guys. This makes a lot of sense. Really appreciate the feedback. I will work on my strength through earlier progressions and the slow muscle up will come with time. 

 

Cheers,

David 

Good choice :)

chuchodani

For example take a look at this clean muscle up, he's able to do it that clean as a byproduct of his straight arm strength.

 

chuchodani

I can't download it. This is the reason

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
David Fisher

Hey guys,

 

Let me know what you think of this form. Been working earlier progressions, specifically false grip pull ups and slow negatives. Was going to hold off until I got the L-Sit strict muscle up down but might as well get pointers in between. Again I really appreciate the feedback.

 

Thanks,

David

Strict Muscle Up.MOV

chuchodani

Nice rings turned out at the top, but one issue that I'm seeing is that I think you're not fully extending your elbows at the bottom of the movement and also you're not properly getting in to a dead hang because your scap is not elevated at the bottom.