Just bought handstand one. The first of many form checks : D
Critiques? Also, I took 40 seconds rest between sets just so I could comfortably move from PE to stretching and back without being rushed. Is that too much rest or does that really matter?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nick Roy, December 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 174 Views
Just bought handstand one. The first of many form checks : D
Critiques? Also, I took 40 seconds rest between sets just so I could comfortably move from PE to stretching and back without being rushed. Is that too much rest or does that really matter?
Tripod looks fine. Hard to tell with the iM. If you could do a another video without shirt and showing how wide your grip is that would help.
You also want a weighted bar, 3-5lbs to start with. Without the weight you won't recruit the correct musculature.
So hands shoulder width, weight on the bar, back straight from tail to shoulders, and then check ROM again.
You are arching at your back to achieve the ROM; you don't want to do that. Your back needs to be one straight line from your hips to your shoulders. Keeping your ribs "pulled down"/maintaining "hollow" low back will help with this.
Try performing the exercise again with those tips and see how you do.