This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble with pHS/PE6, cannot reach toes.

Started by Piatsch, December 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 223 Views

Piatsch

Hi everyone,

 

got an issue arise with the above mentioned progression. I just can´t get any higher than ankle height in PE6, although I already mastered PE5 and also repeated the last four week cycle because of my problem.

 

I know for sure, that it is a lack of strength but simple repeating PE5 over and over again yields no benefit for me. 

 

Anyone got the same problem?

Christian

You can try doing negatives here. Stand on the box and pike touch the top, let the feet slide off and lower down as slow as possible, rinse and repeat. When this gets easy you can try to walk up using friction. You'll get it :-)

Also I am assuming your pike and compression strength is very good since you're at this level.

Joshua Slocum

It's almost like there's a reason why F2 is listed as a prerequisite....

 

 

It's hard to say exactly what the issue is without seeing a video, but I would guess it's largely a lack of compression: a large angle between your legs and torso makes the movement much harder. 

Piatsch
Joshua Slocum said:

It's almost like there's a reason why F2 is listed as a prerequisite....

 

 

It's hard to say exactly what the issue is without seeing a video, but I would guess it's largely a lack of compression: a large angle between your legs and torso makes the movement much harder. 

 

Well although my Pike might not be perfect, i can lay my chin on my knees and be comfortable.

 

I still lack a good amount of hamstring flexibility, but was not aware, that this could be the root of evil.

 

Thanks so far Joshua and Christian.

Joshua Slocum
Piatsch said:

Well although my Pike might not be perfect, i can lay my chin on my knees and be comfortable.

 

I still lack a good amount of hamstring flexibility, but was not aware, that this could be the root of evil.

 

Thanks so far Joshua and Christian.

It's not just a matter of passive pike flexibility: you need active compression.