This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH/PE1

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, December 7, 2014 · 5 Replies · 156 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

 

My 10yo daughter beats me completely at ABH. But, a year with it, I'm still stuck here.

 

I'd appreciate any of your feedback., and any encouraging tips.

 

Samin

Alexander Egebak
Samin Ishtiaq said:

 

My 10yo daughter beats me completely at ABH. But, a year with it, I'm still stuck here.

 

I'd appreciate any of your feedback., and any encouraging tips.

 

Samin

Well, you still need some shoulder and spine range of motion but other than that it looks good. Keep working on it!

 

You may find that seperate stretching will help your mobility and therefore your progress.

Jennifer

Minor point is that the iM for PE1 is feet together.      I agree that you need to do something to increase rom in your upper torso.    Do you have a separate stretching routine? 

 

 

Keep going, you are doing well!
 

Keegan

Agreed with what the others said.

I have still not mastered these, but what has been helping me improve my shoulder flexion (arms overhead) ROM is:

1. HS course mobility work

2. Stretching the lats

3. Activating the upper traps and delts (think of reaching "out" as if to make yourself longer while simultaneously reaching "up" to reciprocally inhibit the lats and lower traps

Hip extension has also been a real work in progress for me on these too so I do plenty of hip flexor stretching as well as really focus on reaching the legs long and activating the glutes.

Hope this helps you.

Samin Ishtiaq

Thanks for the replies I don't have do any special stretching, just what comes with F1+HS1.

Good tips on feet together and "out and up". I'll remember them.

Richard Sassoon

It may sound counter-intuitive, but something I feel helps activating the upper back/traps as the "out and up" cue to is to think about scapular shrugs at that same time. It's quite a different/stronger sensation.