This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 - How much weight should I use?

Started by Kenji, December 6, 2014 · 5 Replies · 98 Views

Kenji

Hi Guys,

 

First formcheck up. Two questions - 

  1. Is my rotation sufficient for Mastery? Athlete in video was filmed at an angle, so unsure if my own rotation is sufficient.
  2. How much weight should I be using? I was using 10kgs in the video and I weigh 68kg now - unsure if there is a certain dumbell weight/ bodyweight percentage I should aim for.  

 

 

Kept my legs straight. Felt my hamstrigs and obliques being used during the ascent. I'm open to any other sort of feedback as well. Hoping to advance to the next PE soon.

 

Thanks and best regards,

-Kenji 

korija

Your hand should first go down, then between your legs. 

 

P.S dont know about the weight, other than 10kg is alot. I use like 1kg because it is a MOBILITY exercise

Kenji

Hi Korija,

 

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean about the bottom hand leading then going between the legs now. I'll do all that in my next attempt.

 

Regarding the weight, I noticed that I feel a more pronounced "burn" on my shoulder using 10KG so I opted for that. If the general consensus is that 10KG is a pretty heavy weight, then I will back the weight down. I'm not too sure how the iM is supposed to "feel", so I went with a weight that felt like a workout burn. 

 

Will implement your feedback in my next attempt.

 

Thanks and best regards,

-Kenji 

Keegan

Honestly the weight is going to be somewhat individual. If you feel that 10kg is easy and isn't approaching a maximum effort for you or causing you to use less ROM than you could with a lighter weight, then use 10kg.

If on the other hand you feel like the weight is limiting your ROM or is really strenuous I would lower the weight.

But as always my opinion is nothing official.

Keegan

Regarding your performance, watch the "assessment" video for the performance of these. You can still reach inside your leg like the regular demo video, but that video better shows that you should be bringing your non weighted arm, side, and shoulder down to your non weighted leg and not to the middle or toward your weighted leg like you are doing.

Kenji

Hi Keegan,

 

Thanks for the feedback. Noted on your comments - I will move my unweighted arm towards my unweighted leg to get more of a "side" angle to the exercise.

 

Thanks and best regards,

-Kenji