This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cuban Rotations

Started by HB_Ron, December 5, 2014 · 1 Replies · 278 Views

HB_Ron

I haven't done any pulling exercises, because of the long head of the bicep injury, for 4 months  - except for different passive (and not too many) active hangs. (I tried doing RC/PE1 and I immediately refrained from it the day pain occurred)

 

What do you think about Cuban Rotations (with supported elbows against a wall) ? My friend suggested that I should do it, but I wonder... isn't that too advanced? 

 

 

By the way, I consider training for RC/PE1 again for just once a week.

I was suggested that easier variation would be holding the top position or doing negatives. It's a good idea, but I think I'll do it on a bar or dip bar(on two bars) instead to make the risk of an injury lower.. 

Jay Horley

Cuban Rotations are great for training the external rotators, but as you say are the most advanced way to train the muscle group.

 

Firstly get a physio or someone qualified to tell you whats the problem. But two things that helped my bicep injury was training the forearms as well as the external rotators.

 

Forearms I had success with training Pronators and Extensors. 

 

Basic External Rotators would be lying on your side with your arm bent and elbow tucked into your body and lifting the arm up and down. (

) 

 

Hope it helps.