This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Critique my arch body

Started by JonasPortugal, December 5, 2014 · 9 Replies · 415 Views

JonasPortugal

Apologies for the ugly settings.

 

I'm doing a arch body rocking back and forth for 20 reps or so. My legs aren't together because I can't simply join them and they tend to widen. I have a scholiosis and my left leg is bigger than my right. I often can't quite feel my lower back in exercises.

 

Is my form acceptable?

 

I also have problems with the straddles up, but perhaps I'll open another thread for that.

 

korija

straighten your legs, make sure your hands are more in and straight

JonasPortugal
korija said:

straighten your legs, make sure your hands are more in and straight

How can I gain more strength in this exercise to be able to straigthen the legs? It's a really hard exercise for me, I feel like a wimp.

Alexander Egebak
JonasPortugal said:

How can I gain more strength in this exercise to be able to straigthen the legs? It's a really hard exercise for me, I feel like a wimp.

By doing the exercise with straight legs - you just have to be able to accept a setback in your range of motion and in your strength

JonasPortugal
Alexander Egebak said:

By doing the exercise with straight legs - you just have to be able to accept a setback in your range of motion and in your strength

Alex, I can't do straight legs and rock. I can only rock back and forth if 1) my feet aren't together and 2) my legs are a bit far apart.

 

:(

 

I wanted to make my objective to do 3 sets of 20 reps of arch body rocking back and forth but I can't even accomplish this before trying out other beginner bodyweight routines.

 

Is there some secret (breathing, balance) that I'm missing or I'm just terribly weak?

Orlando Hernandez Celli

Start your work by doing static not rocking. by doing this you can conentrate on strenghtenig the position of your arms and legs. Also try working on your shoulder mobility.

JonasPortugal
Orlando Hernandez Celli said:

Start your work by doing static not rocking. by doing this you can conentrate on strenghtenig the position of your arms and legs. Also try working on your shoulder mobility.

What can I do to improve the ROM of my shoulders? I can't get them near the rears, nor stretched in front of me (they open to the sides). Not to mention my I can barely touch my feet when rocking.

Alexander Egebak
JonasPortugal said:

What can I do to improve the ROM of my shoulders? I can't get them near the rears, nor stretched in front of me (they open to the sides). Not to mention my I can barely touch my feet when rocking.

Sounds like you need foundation 1 ;)

JonasPortugal
Alexander Egebak said:

Sounds like you need foundation 1 ;)

 

What are the mobility exercises in foundation 1 that you say will get you ROM in your shoulders?

 

By the way, just noticed your signature. The "superman" is a killer.

 

How are you progressing through it?

Alexander Egebak
JonasPortugal said:

What are the mobility exercises in foundation 1 that you say will get you ROM in your shoulders?

 

By the way, just noticed your signature. The "superman" is a killer.

 

How are you progressing through it?

Cannot really tell you about course-specific content, sorry.

 

Well, right now I am recovering from a foot surgery, so I do not know where I am at. But after 3 months of ABH I now have the required ROM, and I will probably in a week or so start with low volume. If everything goes as expected I will be done with ABH within 2 months.