Climbing Rope Load

Started by mrpraktic, December 4, 2014 · 4 Replies · 3,018 Views

mrpraktic

Hello, everybody... I need help about climbing rope mounting in my room. I would like to know what is maximum load on climbing rope? Coach Sommer said in one topic: "Many of the higher level swinging elements generate 7x-10x bodyweight thru the bottom of the swing." How much force will be generated on climbing rope? I installed this in my room (attached pictures). Will it be enough for climbing rope?

post-3762-0-13760300-1417726495_thumb.jp

post-3762-0-52742100-1417726524_thumb.jp

Ravn

You need to specify the material you anchored into, what types of bolts you're using, what the bracket is made of, etc.

mrpraktic

Material is reinforced concrete. Whole ceiling is concrete. Very old, prefabricated high quality. I used this type of bolts/anchors (http://www.locksmithsfortworth.net/images/300_Concrete-Anchor-Bolt.jpg) They are 5-6 cm inside concrete and their diameter is 8mm. Bracket is made from reinforcing steel. I'm studying Civil Engineering and I know characteristics of materials but I do not know maximum load that climbing rope can produce. Training only strength elements on rings can produce up to 250-350kg (1.5-3.5 x bodyweight). But rope climbing is much more explosive and that worries me.

Cole Dano

The weak link in your set up is the wire bracket. If you were to weld the ends of the loops so they can't pull out and use a larger washer, you would have nothing to worry about using those anchors.

mrpraktic

Thank you Cole Dano. I will try to do that before I start using rope.