This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 self spotting

Started by Helgi, December 3, 2014 · 3 Replies · 206 Views

Helgi

I've been struggling with keeping my form clean in planche leans.

 

I'd get up to 5x30s at a certain lean, then I'd increase the lean but after a while of doing this, I realized I was piking pretty hard at the hips.

 

My initial solution was to film every try until I had it nailed down but I got tired of that as I was timing it and filming with my phone, meaning that it'd get kind of messy.

 

So, I came up with another solution. This should work with rings or anything that can hang above you really.

 

Setup:

 

  1. Get on your knees with your hands in position for the lean.
  2. Adjust the height of the rings such that they just barely touch your back/butt/shoulders.
  3. Position yourself such that the rings are hovering above your neck or between your shoulders.
  4. Lift up off your knees and get into position and make sure you do not touch the ring.
  5. The added bonus is that if you just grace the ring with your back/butt, you can figure out how far you're leaning without having to film it and at the same time, you're keeping yourself from piking by not touching the ring.
Guest

Or you can mark it on the floor with your feet against a wall.

Helgi

That doesn't help you to prevent piking though, which was the initial problem.

Sisyphus

Another thing you can try is to stuff a belt or strap in the front of your shorts. Set at the right length it will show you how open your hips are and how much you are leaning (i.e., hips over wrists etc).