This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 iM question

Started by Thomas Crate, December 3, 2014 · 2 Replies · 125 Views

Thomas Crate

Hi everyone!

 

I'm looking for some advice regarding the trunk circle exercise.

I think I have fairly good range of motion with it but when I come round to arch my back i get some crunching/popping noises coming from my lower back. I don't feel any pain or anything but it kinda freaks me out just because it seems to be coming from my spine.

It happens a tiny bit when I do hip circles but so little that I never though about it.

Should I ignore it or could I be doing some damage there?

 

Thanks in advance :)

Alexander Egebak

Usually, when I am stiff in my back I can bend over and pop my lower back, right side.

 

But this never happens when I do the curling motion and tuck in my pelvis completely. I took a while to learn it correctly, so I would recommend that you post a video of your form so that we can see if you are doing something wrong.

 

Although you arch your back a bit, this mobility element focus on mobility in other areas than the spine.

Thomas Crate
Alexander Egebak said:

Usually, when I am stiff in my back I can bend over and pop my lower back, right side.

 

But this never happens when I do the curling motion and tuck in my pelvis completely. I took a while to learn it correctly, so I would recommend that you post a video of your form so that we can see if you are doing something wrong.

 

Although you arch your back a bit, this mobility element focus on mobility in other areas than the spine.

Thanks Alexander, I've attached a video: trunk circles.mov