This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1 zombie version

Started by Rahul, November 30, 2014 · 11 Replies · 245 Views

Rahul

 

I decided to master this easier version of ABH first .

Is the ROM sufficient ?

What i intend is to get mastery ROM first keeping the arms behind .

And slowly over time increase the intensity by moving the arms overhead bit by bit .

Is this method okay ?

Alexander Egebak
Rahul said:

 

I decided to master this easier version of ABH first .

Is the ROM sufficient ?

What i intend is to get mastery ROM first keeping the arms behind .

And slowly over time increase the intensity by moving the arms overhead bit by bit .

Is this method okay ?

With that ROM I would recommend you to try the full hold. It is very good and I think you do only have to worry about building strength. Let us see full hold with arms forward

Rahul

 

Here is the full hold with arms forward . 

I cant keep this ROM for long though . Also , DOMS on the lower back stays for at least 2- 3 days after this .  :blink: 

Instead of 12 seconds , i only progress 3 - 5 seconds more next week .

I have a question , should i stop the set when my arch starts to decrease ?

Keegan
Rahul said:

Here is the full hold with arms forward .

I cant keep this ROM for long though . Also , DOMS on the lower back stays for at least 2- 3 days after this . :blink:

Instead of 12 seconds , i only progress 3 - 5 seconds more next week .

I have a question , should i stop the set when my arch starts to decrease ?

Coach has stated before that if the 60 second template is too aggressive to handle at first that you can utilize the 30 second template, or even 15 or 10 second templates. So 3-5 second increases are still increases and are fine; eventually it will add up.

Good ROM BTW.

Rahul

oh yes , thank you for reminding me of this .

i will work on the 30 sec. template and see how it goes . 

Is the ROM good enough for mastery ?

NoHiddenCosts

That ROM is great! I believe if you can maintain that for 5x60s, that ROM will indeed be sufficient for mastery. Unlike Alexander, I would not suggest going to a lower ROM, but rather continuing to train what you just demonstrated.

Rahul

great , i will only do the full ROM from now on ... and use the 30 sec. template for now as my body gets used to the intensity of this exercise .

Alexander Egebak

Okay, I withdraw my statement. Working with 3-5 seconds of hold time just seems so futile, but I guess that is how you work on elements like straddle planche later on

NoHiddenCosts

I think he means ADDING 3-5 seconds as a progression. That's how I interpreted it.

Alexander Egebak

Oh, I see. That is where I was wrong. I thought his max hold time was 3-5 secs

Rahul

yes , NoHiddenCosts is correct .

I am around 24 seconds on my max hold time . :)

NoHiddenCosts

Keep working at it! I am currently using the 30 second template as well.