This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 Mastery Check

Started by HB_Ron, November 29, 2014 · 5 Replies · 91 Views

HB_Ron

IMO, the technique is excellent. I think I'm ready for PE2.

What do you think guys?

 

 

Edit: Last set begins at 08:25. Front view of iM looks great , but I'm not sure how it should look from the side..

gohei_

I'm no expert but I would say that you could go a little more out to the side on the iM, especially when moving to your left. Otherwise I think it looks godd.

HB_Ron
gohei_ said:

I'm no expert but I would say that you could go a little more out to the side on the iM, especially when moving to your left. Otherwise I think it looks godd.

Thank you :)

 

I think the right side is good.  

 

I re-watched the video and noticed that in most reps I lean enough to the side (I recorded from another angle, so in other sets my lean was good compared to the front view of this video..  I can upload the video of the other angle if you want)

 

I think the reason I didn't lean enough was due to my sweaty feet.  I'll wear socks next time  <_<

Keegan

I would upload the other video then, because you definitely need more sideways hip action (about twice as much as you have in this video). Again I'd suggest re-watching the demonstration video.

HB_Ron
Keegan said:

I would upload the other video then, because you definitely need more sideways hip action (about twice as much as you have in this video). Again I'd suggest re-watching the demonstration video.

Twice?! Oh man.. I also noticed that when I do 'skiers' (Mobility Exercise), I go dipper than the demo video.. Is that fine or should I decrease the ROM a bit?

Keegan

The form notes say "glutes to at least knee level"; I would take this to mean that going lower is fine as long as you have enough lateral hip movement.

I would focus on the getting the hips more sideways first and if you can go deeper then cool, if not then just go as low as you can and once you hit the required depth you are good to move on and can continue increasing depth as you keep Skiiers in your warm-up.