Planche help

Started by Syrenz, July 9, 2009 · 28 Replies · 7,287 Views

Daniel Jorgensen

I have been working planche progresseion for 2 month now. What I have found most important is focus/concentration on the execution. I can frustrate myself with 3 sec tuck holds a day, and the minute after I very very briefly get it into adv tuck.

So, focus! ;)

Ewalk91

I kinda learned a weird way. I would be on the p-bars and do basic swings. On the back swing i would spread my legs and close them as i came back down (sorta doing a negative planche i guess). Eventually i was able to hold the position after doing these swing planches for a while.

Blairbob

Yeah, I used to play around with that, Ewalk. The other I used was a "free" support on pommel horse.

We commonly will work HS>planche down spotted on PB to teach gymnasts how to slow down the swing coming down.

Seiji

Swinging sounds like a good idea. I'll try it on my rings sometime.

I think it would also be a good idea to slow down on the swing for strength training. I like doing an L sit, then tucking my legs through into the highest tuck planche I can do. It's not as fun, but it's probably better for strength. That and I can't swing on the ground. I don't have a set of paralletes or any thing like them.