This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Frog stand and slippery knees

Started by Sami Paju, November 29, 2014 · 3 Replies · 138 Views

Sami Paju

Hello,

 

As the topic says, this exercise has become immensely frustrating to do. I don't feel my strength or mobility giving up, but instead I am having challenges keeping the knees on top of my elbows. As I sweat they tend to slip from the position and ruining the whole exercise.

 

Another challenge I have is that the knees pressing on elbows is rather painful. I don't know is it my build (183cm / 6ft, long arms and legs) or what, but I can't seem to find a position that would be pain-free and where the knees would actually stay in place without slipping.

 

Anyone else had the same problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

 

 

Cheers,

Sami

 

 

bigB

Slippery knees actually makes you use the correct muscles for the planche.

Keep the shoulder protracted.

That will make the transition to tuck planche easier.

MT Nordic

I felt the same way initially. It eventually became easy and was not a problem. Those issues are only issues because the muscular balance is not there, and in the case of elbow pain because the wrist mobility is not there. Keep at it and don't be frustrated.

LateStarter@46

I had this and tried to make the knee touch as light as possible, also positioning them off-centre - more on outside of the upper arm - helped. The knees then almost feel like they are hanging off by the end of 30s.