I'm just starting to train ring support holds and want to make sure I get my form down as soon as possible. I'm not 100% sure on what perfect form looks like on the rings, hence the reason for the form check. Any constructive criticism welcome.
Started by Austin7, November 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 1,633 Views
I'm just starting to train ring support holds and want to make sure I get my form down as soon as possible. I'm not 100% sure on what perfect form looks like on the rings, hence the reason for the form check. Any constructive criticism welcome.
Rings should be more turned out. ![]()
RIngs seems to be moving to much. scale down the movement accordingly to your level.
I would remember that this part is entirely covered on rings1.
That looks extraordinarily difficult - where are you feeling it most?
LateStarter@46 said:That looks extraordinarily difficult - where are you feeling it most?
I feel it mainly in my pecs
1. Don't hold your breath
2. See Paf's and Alex's post above.
coach sommer said the degree of turn out depends on the individual and should be develpoed over time. as long as they are more turned out than being parallel it should be fine for the beginning. i would focus on not touching your forearms to the ring but this also takes time, the turn out will come naturally then (at least it did for me).