Feedback to my back and front lever

Started by GymPerformance, November 28, 2014 · 13 Replies · 2,894 Views

GymPerformance

Hey guys
 
I've been working on basic ring skills since 7 months and I'd liketo show you my front and back lever and ask you for a feedback about my form and strength.
 


 
I'm also able to to the ring muscle up. What do you think can I try next?
 
Thanks so far.
 
Martin
Jurre

Both need to be hold 2 seconds each to be called a hold in gymnastic terms. 
Anyway you seem to arch a bit in the backlever. Try to hold a hollow body. Front lever looks good to me.

B1214N

Your arms are bent in the FL and front pulls and there is some arching in the BL. Also, why is your right arm slightly bent in the BL but your left arm is hyperextended?

 

You can try planche progressions next.

GymPerformance
Jurre said:

Both need to be hold 2 seconds each to be called a hold in gymnastic terms. 

Anyway you seem to arch a bit in the backlever. Try to hold a hollow body. Front lever looks good to me.

Well, I can hold both positions for at least 20 seconds, but as you said, I still need to work on my form.

GymPerformance
B1214N said:

Your arms are bent in the FL and front pulls and there is some arching in the BL. Also, why is your right arm slightly bent in the BL but your left arm is hyperextended?

 

You can try planche progressions next.

THanks, I just noticed the same with my bent arm. Don't know really why.

What do you mean with some arching in the BL? how can i correct that?

Pafke

In back lever shoulders should be protracted to some degree if you want to have hollow body in it. I think that ppt ( posterior pelvic tilt) should also be engaged but im not sure about that.

GymPerformance

Thanks for all your feedback.

 

Is the form of my backlever better now???

 

Pafke

No, your lower back is still arched and scapula is not protracted to some degree as it should be.

GymPerformance

Thanks Paf.

 

I thought it's better now :(

I guess the reason for my bad form is my flexibility.... definitely have to work on it!

Mark Balsom
GymPerformance said:

Hey guys

 

I've been working on basic ring skills since 7 months and I'd liketo show you my front and back lever and ask you for a feedback about my form and strength.

 

 

I'm also able to to the ring muscle up. What do you think can I try next?

 

Thanks so far.

 

Martin

 

WTF is the guy behind you having a spasm attack @0:19 ?  :facepalm:

 

EDIT: Sorry also nice work  ;)

korija
Mark Balsom said:

WTF is the guy behind you having a spasm attack @0:19 ?  :facepalm:

 

EDIT: Sorry also nice work  ;)

Welcome to the world of crossfit :D

GymPerformance
korija said:

Welcome to the world of crossfit :D

Right, I guess it's kinda hanging leg raises in crossfit style ;)

Joshua Slocum
GymPerformance said:

Thanks Paf.

 

I thought it's better now :(

I guess the reason for my bad form is my flexibility.... definitely have to work on it!

Nope, it's strength and body awareness. You need to develop a better hollow body position and better control of your scapula. 

WadeWilson

Put some time into it and you will see that you are stronger with your shoulders protracted and some small posterior pelvic tilt (not too big, we still want to be flat more or less) other than that the form in the first video is very nice and you are strong. It looks very smooth


Google about it, try to do some posterior pelvic tilt and anterior pelvic tilt activation drills or whatever they're called. Just so that you know what you have to do. It will also come in handy when you want to progress to handstands. To be honest it will make everything better :D and understanding how the scapula moves will help you a lot in health and strength