This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bad Scapula lead to bad shoulder leading to bad elbows. Help!

Started by Kevin Sach, November 27, 2014 · 0 Replies · 64 Views

Kevin Sach

Hi all,

 

In a pinch, just as the title indicates, I injured my scapula which went on to injure my shoulder. I have been rehabbing them exhaustively now for about 7 weeks and things are getting so much better.

 

The problem comes from the fact that I only just came to realise that my bad shoulder droops sometimes in respect to my normal shoulder. What I think has happened because of this, is that in any straight arm work, my bad side takes more pressure i.e. my elbow on my bad side hurts :( 

 

What should I do in terms of this? Should I avoid straight arm work? If so for how long? Should I cut back sets (note that last session all I did was one set of all the wrist exercises and just this was causing irritation. I stopped there as I'm wiser now)? Do exercises just before locking out arms? 

 

My worry is that in the time it takes to heal I will lose some strength. The elbow is not disastrously bad, just a bit sore, but I've learnt to watch out for these kind of things and I do not want to be injured in my elbow as well!! (I have a bad ankle too :'( )

 

Any advice would be appreciated

 

Thanks