This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH Arch body hold question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 27, 2014 · 4 Replies · 224 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

As I thought I realized that when I try arch body hold exercise my body is not arched as I wish! Look at my pic.

I wonder if there are exercises that I can execute before practicing this one, just like a warm up, which allow me to improve my body arch faster!

For example could I lay on a fitball? Could that be useful? Any other idea?

Thank you!

post-10847-141709645768_thumb.png

Rayne-William

Don't worry about how much arch you currently have in your back. Keep doing the best you can.

 

Sure using a "Fitball" will help you gain additional mobility over time.

 

Keep in mind more exercise won't increase the rate your body repairs itself. Exercising, whether for strength and or mobility "Gives" your body a reason to adapt more. so that it can complete the tasks it is given. The real adaptations happen as the body repairs itself. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Rayne-William said:

Don't worry about how much arch you currently have in your back. Keep doing the best you can.

Using a "Fitball" will help you gain additional mobility over time.

Keep in mind more exercise won't increase the rate your body repairs itself. Exercising, whether for strength and or mobility forces your body to adapt just enough to complete the tasks it is given. The real adaptations happen as the body repairs itself. The deload weeks is your friend.

Thank you for your answer! I can hold this position for 4 sets of 24 secs. But I wonder if I can progress to hold more time even though my arch body form is not properly as it is shown on the video demonstation. Or better keep up with the current time till I get improves on arch body form? Thank you again!
Alexander Egebak
mauler said:

Thank you for your answer! I can hold this position for 4 sets of 24 secs. But I wonder if I can progress to hold more time even though my arch body form is not properly as it is shown on the video demonstation. Or better keep up with the current time till I get improves on arch body form? Thank you again!

I would stick with the second minicycle and keep doing the same ROM. After next deload week you measure new ROM, start cycle 2 again and stick with that ROM. Go on until you have or almost have mastery ROM. Then you start cycle. This is what I am currently doing,

Damon Amato

mauler I'm in the same boat, I have exactly the same ROM that you do.  Keep working hard.  

 

My issue is that both my shoulder mobility and thoracic mobility are worthless.  I do about 10 minutes mobility for both before my workouts every day.