This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPP Help

Started by Sean Hunter, November 24, 2014 · 13 Replies · 364 Views

Sean Hunter

I've been on this element for about 5 months. I've made alot of improvement, but im having trouble. I can't seem to stop myself from moving back after the push up. As you can see i come up on my toes after each rep and have to re-lean forward. Anyone have any tips?

 

I know i need more lean and i am losing PPT.

 

 

 

Thanks!

 

Joshua Slocum

Video is private.

Sean Hunter

Fixed

Adriano Augusto

You're doing an advance version of the exercise with the hands backwards. Even Planche Leans with hands backwards are a totally diferent beast. Plus put a lot of tension in bicep tendon and most of us, beginners by GST standards, are not prepare for it.

My suggestion is try with fingers fordward or if this put a lot of pressure on the wrists (better get used to it) try rotates a bit to 45 degree.

curtis

I do these without wearing socks. Just that little bit of friction might help reduce movement forwards and backwards. I have found that my increased strength with this exercise brings greater control of movement in either direction.

strme

i follow one point on floor  :blink:

Sean Hunter

Thanks I took a little bit of everyones advice. I think it looks a lot better. Just needs a bit more lean and protraction after each rep. Let me know what you think.

 

curtis

Not there yet. Keep at it. I would choose to do fewer reps with better form.

Sean Hunter

Thanks I agree. Where exactly do I need more improvement? I know i need a bit more lean and protraction. anything else?

Rayne-William

More lean will come later. To have some protraction at the bottom of each rep, roll your shoulders forward and do your best to keep your abdominals tight.

strme

breath more

Alessandro Mainente

Well looking it more more times I can notice that you are reducing the level of lean in between 2 different reps.

this is due to loss of shoulders depression, in fact you can look the distance between the chin and the anterior shoulder. ideally with fixed scapulas and fixed feet you cannot lose the lean. I would like to see some repetition with also the position of your feet. see the pic below to understand what i mean. I've extracted one frame at the top of one rep and at the end of it.

 

post-1151-0-92497000-1417171728_thumb.pn

Sean Hunter

Heres my set from today. Seems a bit more unstable. To my eyes, the issue is my feet, but more trained eyes would be helpful:

 

-MR

I think the issue is that you move forward quite significantly in the descending portion of your PPP, and then have no choice but to move backwards on your way up, which causes you to overshoot and end-up with less lean than you started at the beginning of the rep. 

 

I'd say focus on going straight down from your starting lean, and then come straight back up. Some people do this by having their head a centimetre from the wall at the start, and making sure it doesn't move when they are going up or down. Others, as suggested above, just focus on a point on the ground directly below their eyes, and try to keep that spot from moving. However you chose to do it, do it in a slow and controlled manner at first until you ingrain the pattern. 

 

You would probably also benefit from working a little more on your planche lean, strengthening it and maybe taking it a little further forward.