Bad habits that reduce mobility?

Started by Daniel Stephan, November 23, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,328 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hello!

I was wondering, are there some bad habits the average guy does throughout the day that can compromise mobility?

Maybe some you don't usually think about much at all, like sitting for too long, leaning your elbow on your quad, etc.?

 

I'm looking to get more aware of my behaviour, so I don't compromise the hard earned mobility.

MT Nordic

sitting, slouching, watching TV, standing cockeyed with a hip kicked out to the side, sleeping in a bed, wearing high heel shoes.  The better focus i think would be what can we substitute to help mobility:  Sitting on the ground, seiza, cross legged, figure 4; standing; walking; sleeping on the ground, etc.

Alexander Egebak
MT Nordic said:

sitting, slouching, watching TV, standing cockeyed with a hip kicked out to the side, sleeping in a bed, wearing high heel shoes.  The better focus i think would be what can we substitute to help mobility:  Sitting on the ground, seiza, cross legged, figure 4; standing; walking; sleeping on the ground, etc.

Well, we better stop wearing high heel shoes now... Never knew about the dangers!

Alexander Egebak
Dannycopter said:

Hello!

I was wondering, are there some bad habits the average guy does throughout the day that can compromise mobility?

Maybe some you don't usually think about much at all, like sitting for too long, leaning your elbow on your quad, etc.?

 

I'm looking to get more aware of my behaviour, so I don't compromise the hard earned mobility.

Everything that is static and within a comfort zone will not increase mobility. But mobility slowly decreases when you are not exploring whatever mobility you have. As we usually want mobility as a whole package, maintaining and training mobility must also result in manipulating your body in every possible way.

Daniel Stephan

Thank you very much, guys!

I started sitting/kneeling/squatting on the ground instead of the couch and also slept on the floor for the last two days and the lower back pain I was encountering for the last months seems to regress!

These are some awesome tips, I greatly appreciate them.