Uneven shoulder for rings

Started by doofus93, November 23, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,327 Views

doofus93

Hey guys I realized that I have uneven shoulders, my right being lower than my left. I do ring exercises and I have a pair of adjustable rings. I'm a little confused as I do not know if i should adjust the rings to be of the same level as my arms when i rest on them as a gauge or should i just put the rings on equal level regardless (this will feel as though one side is being pulled more than the other). This might be a little confusing but i hope i got my problem across!! :(

 

Thanks!

WadeWilson

Visit a doctor and fix the problem, don't work around it.

 

If i understand what you're saying then you have some imbalances and probably scapula problems. Just visit a doctor/physiotherapist.

Blairbob

 I have the same thing due to a shoulder seperation years back. I prefer to set the rings the same height. If they are not I can tell they are off and feel funny.

 

 I think the only way to even out my shoulder would probably be an induced shoulder seperation. Luckily I have injured both shoulders and probably incurred a partial tear last October (that is fine now for the most part and rehabbed that I still work on). If anything I noticed, the right one like to pull at a certain spot from time to time (muscle imbalance) and the left one will sometimes freeze for awhile which takes some shoulder work to free up again. Left one also doesn't like some movements and ROM. Such is life.

 See about correcting your muscle imbalances unless it's a physical structure thing. Might be possible if it's just muscle. For the record I treated my shoulder seperation as a muscle pull and so it ended up sitting a bit lower.