This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE4 mastery check

Started by Jeremy J Barth, November 22, 2014 · 7 Replies · 167 Views

Jeremy J Barth

5th set

Alex Tansel

Looks good to me, but I haven't reached this yet so take that with a pinch of salt.

 

I did want to ask though, how is your workout set up going?

 

It's an interesting layout that I haven't seen on here before.

Duff

Just one thing: keep your non-working leg bent 90 degrees at the knee.

 

Nice ROM on the iM :).

Jeremy J Barth

Thanks guys.

 

Alex, I'm only on my 3rd week; so, I'm still playing around with it.  I've found that I do much better with routines when I do them everyday, but I didn't want to overload myself early on.  I figured 2 movements/day is a good start.  Ultimately, I'd like to get 3 rounds of movements/week.  I'm not currently working on RC because I'm still working on a Grease the Groove thing with hanging and pull-ups.  I do about 10x30s passive hangs throughout the day, and I do a few pull-ups with the majority of those hangs (about 1 every 10s).

Samin Ishtiaq

Looks great!

For the main exercise, I notice you're leaning forward. In the video, the model has his back straight. But then he goes on to the balls of his feet to descend, which you're avoiding. I don't know which one is better.

 

Question on the iM: do you feel your ankles/feet extending as you descend? I'm on this exercise too, and I want to know how much you feel it in your quads, and how much you let the ankles take the strain.

Jeremy J Barth

Thanks Samin.  

 

My rationalization on rounding the back is that the end goal is the pistol, which you will certainly need to round your back.

 

I feel the iM mostly in my quads.  I never noticed any strain on my ankles.  My quads are pretty strong, so I'm probably just defaulting to letting them do all the work.

Iguanus

You can lean way less by activating glutes more. Leaning will probably make the exercise easier, as you probably use quads a lot more than glute. I changed my approach (it was like yours) when I realized that SLS will need a LOT of glute strengthto be made properly.

Im looks good. But it seems like you're piking slightly near the bottom. I'd recommend you to record videos shirtless, as it's easier to spot proper body alignment.

Keilani Gutierrez

if it's easy for you to get to 45degrees with your legs that wide, move them a bit closer together and build it upto 5reps again until your knees are together.