I was messing around after work and am pretty sure I tore something in my ankle. Both my coworker and I heard a pop. My ankle felt a little weird but had little to no immediate pain. Less than an hour later it started to swell up. I took two aleve and am applying ice. Is it important to see a doctor immediately, or can I safely wait a few days without risking additional permanent damage.
Torn ankle?
Started by palleon86, November 22, 2014 · 5 Replies · 1,894 Views
If you heard a pop it's better to see a doctor, additionaly if you swelled up and losed strenght in your affected ankle it's a clear sign that you need to see a doctor.
If you want any kind of answer you need to elaborate, as exactly as possible, what 'messing around' means. Also posting a video/pic of the problem area would help.
Bottom line you should see a doc regardless of what anyone says on here, but if you want to know if it's likely to be emergent, it's impossible to tell with the details given.
Nothing to discuss. Go see the doc.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Do not try and get medical advice from the internet.
Daniel Burnham said:Do not try and get medical advice from the internet.
You mean that guy that told me to alternate jogging across damp sheepskin and soaking in a tub with live turtles was suspect after all? Jeez...a little late on that man. Just saying, you might wanna put this into the Foundation introduction at the least.
(Just trying to keep the fun rolling, no insult to OP intended)