This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scapular shrugs sPL/PE1 help

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 21, 2014 · 1 Replies · 148 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

I tried the first preparatory element for straddle planche, the scapular shrugs. I didn't understand well the movement I should do. The only thing I got is that I should keep my body line straight, and arma locked. But starting in that push up position I feel my body contracted like a wooden trunk. Should I move my scapula, retracting and protracting them??

Which muscles do I have to move in order to draw that line on my upper back, just like as it is shown on the demonstrate video? Can you give me more details and tips about this exercise? I don't understand which muscles I have to move.[emoji53] [emoji53]

Rayne-William

You answered your question. While in the push up position just fully protract and fully retract your scapula.

 

Hold your abdominals tight so that your lower back doesn't sag down.