This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check Pseudo planche pushups

Started by Tobias Akeblom, November 19, 2014 · 6 Replies · 238 Views

Tobias Akeblom

Besides that there is not enough lean, which is a writs flexibility issue. How does this look? Am i protracting my shoulders the right way at the top?

 

Rayne-William

At your current forward lean angle, looks good. Be sure to keep your abdominals tight so that you maintain a posterior pelvic tilt.

 

Before you press back up to the top, hold the bottom position for a few second with your shoulders rolled forward. You will need the strength to hold the bottom position for a straddle planche integrated mobility element later in the course.

 

Keep working on your planche leans. The further you can lean forward the better.

Tobias Akeblom

Thanks man. So should I stay att this PE until I get a better lean or should I keep progressing and building lean as I continue through foundations?

LateStarter@46

Your body line looks good. Instead of rounding your back at the top, focus on pushing your straight arms into the floor - that will give you protraction, which is a movement of the shoulder blades not the back. Rounding your back is taking you away from the lean.

You will want the sensation of pressing forwards as you go up, using a wall as a guideline for your head will help.

Turning your hands out will allow you to lean more, if you do wrist stretches the flexibility will come and you can point them forward again.

LateStarter@46
Tobias Akeblom said:

Thanks man. So should I stay att this PE until I get a better lean or should I keep progressing and building lean as I continue through foundations?

Both!

Tobias Akeblom
LateStarter@46 said:

Your body line looks good. Instead of rounding your back at the top, focus on pushing your straight arms into the floor - that will give you protraction, which is a movement of the shoulder blades not the back. Rounding your back is taking you away from the lean.

You will want the sensation of pressing forwards as you go up, using a wall as a guideline for your head will help.

 

 

Great tip, thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

to check is the lean is fine use this idea:

-lie prone on the floor

-put your hands close to the hips level while fixing your feet on floor

-lift yourself up (at this stage is not important) how you return back in support

now you will see that your hands are behind the posterior delts. this is a good point where to start