This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Complete list of the weights

Started by Awesssss, November 17, 2014 · 6 Replies · 466 Views

Awesssss

Hey!

 

Tomorrow I will be buying a 2,5kg (~5lbs) weight plate for my Handstand im's. However, I am not sure of what the mastery range is for these im's.

 

Is the masery weight different for all of the im's or is it the same? if it's the latter, what magic number is it?

I would appreciate any info. on this.

Ravn

I'd buy a few smaller ones instead. Being able to go from 1-5 kg is good, but 1-20 kg is better.

Murray Truelove

2.5kg is fine for mastery for the first 4 IM's.

You use previously mastered elements in your warm up so once you move onto PE:2 you'll do a few sets of PE/IM:1 where you can increase the weight over time.

I'm not sure about a magic number but in the course material for IM:6 it says the athlete is using a 20lbs bar and capable of 45lbs so let that be a guide. I've recently started using a 8.3kg bar for IM:1 and the extra weight feels great.

Awesssss

So 2,5kg+ for im: 1,2,3, and 4. 10kg+ for im: 5,6 ?

 

10kg+ for im: 7,8 sounds very brutal...

Awesssss

How about PE4, PE5 and PE6?

Murray Truelove

It would be nice to have a recommend start and goal weight for all the PE/IM's though.

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

It would be nice to have a recommend start and goal weight for all the PE/IM's though.

 

Begin with at least 1kg.  You may proceed on to the next iM at 2kg and the appropriate narrow grip.  Attempt to build up to 20kg.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer