This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche leans - massive contraction

Started by Murray Truelove, November 17, 2014 · 3 Replies · 233 Views

Murray Truelove

As I come out of the hold I get a massive contraction that seems to go from hand, all the way up to my shoulder and is felt strongly in the bicep. It doesn't exactly hurt but it's quite intense, if I take my weight slowly off my arms (by lowering to my knees and gently shifting my weight backwards) these contractions are less intense.

Is this anything I should worry about?

Krel

Connective tissue adaptation, don't worry. If you feel some pain, it should remain very slight and it should only come during the exercise. It should not last the following day. If necessary, don't hesitate to go back to easier sPL/PE5 weeks :)

If this feels more like burning or shaking muscles, don't give up !

Murray Truelove

Cheers. No pain so I figured it was fine.

dritar

I had these, located more along the forearms but it went away eventually. If it's just discomfort I think you'll be fine but do listen to your body. 

 

I think your connective tissue will eventually adapt to the load and partly you'll also learn to hold your planche lean using more of scapulae and upper back muscles so that it's not just arms doing the work.