This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it fine to skip and keep it in my warm up?

Started by HB_Ron, November 17, 2014 · 9 Replies · 488 Views

HB_Ron

So I'm able to do PE/1 15×5 ,but swivel hips are still not good and it's annoying that my progress is stalled just because of this exercise . Is it acceptable to begin PE/2 and keep  Pe/1-iM in my warmup?  

 

Murray Truelove

Not really but if you did Coach Sommer isn't exactly going to come to your house.

What really helped me with these is only working on the internal rotation in the beginning, that's to say focus on getting your knee to go as far as you can without letting the other knees drop to the outside, this secures you're keeping your glutes on the floor.

Once I started doing them like this my ROM improved very quickly.

Jennifer

First things first is a lesson unto itself.     It's probably the most difficult "exercise" in the whole program.

HB_Ron

Murray your focus point really did the job :)

Thanks man!

 

Btw, please watch the video cause I want to be sure I got it right.

 

Murray Truelove

That's it.

Don't push too hard as this can strain the knee. On my 1st set I have about 1/3 the ROM of my 5th set, so don't be surprised if your ROM improves dramatically between sets. I count 1 rep as both knees and do 3 sets of 10r.

HB_Ron

Thanks man!

My ROM has improved a lot. It seems like I'll reach PE2 pretty soon :)

Alexander Egebak
HB_Ron said:

Thanks man!

My ROM has improved a lot. It seems like I'll reach PE2 pretty soon :)

I had your ROM 2 months ago, I mastered it 2 weeks ago. Because you are young progress will come fast.

HB_Ron
Alexander Egebak said:

I had your ROM 2 months ago, I mastered it 2 weeks ago. Because you are young progress will come fast.

I sometimes wish I'd started gymnastics as a kid. Instead I was a swimmer at 12 to 15 years old:P

Alexander Egebak
HB_Ron said:

I sometimes wish I'd started gymnastics as a kid. Instead I was a swimmer at 12 to 15 years old:P

Yeah, me too. At least some kind of strength or movement training. I had been through a broad range of sports (football, volleyball, badminton, tennis, tabletennis, swimming etc.) but no individualist sport.

Nick Roy

Do knees have to touch the floor in hip swivel? I've been doing that but then my glutes rise off the ground slightly, but if I only go close to the floor they stay down on the ground