This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pommel Horse Substitution

Started by flipson, November 17, 2014 · 12 Replies · 379 Views

flipson

I am seeing that some of my upcoming movement excercises seem to require a pommel horse which I dont' have access to on a regular basis. Any thought on a home replacement?

Daniel Burnham
flipson said:

I am seeing that some of my upcoming movement excercises seem to require a pommel horse which I dont' have access to on a regular basis. Any thought on a home replacement?

Where have you seen this?

Murray Truelove

For sPL and SL elements that require a PH I've been able to use the arm of my couch. A chair or piano stool are also good alternatives.

flipson

That's right Murray- I noticed it on SPL/PE 2-6. I guess I'll have to get some kind of bench I can get my arms around!

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I use a Hoist Fitness 4165 bench - works great for now. (running man iM is the only one I've done so far)

Wolf with one Ear

I say, get a real horse.  

vinca_minor

You think it would stand still for that?

Matthew DellaFera

I use a swivel chair that I took the back off of.

Alan Tseng

I use a table

dynamo

for spl/pe2 i use my ironmaster super bench which is basically just a nice bench press.

Samin Ishtiaq

I use the dining table for the sPL/PEx iM exercises. 

fazool

I use my rectangular kitchen table.

AtomixNYC

Hi all,  what are some creative alternatives to PH exercises, in the absence of a suitable bench?  I workout in a "regular" gym.  For continuation (and even motivation) sake, i'd prefer not to do certain exercises there, and do others at home with tables/chairs...etc.

 

I perform my routine at the stretching area.  The benches are mostly located in the weights area, and they're often occupied during peak hours (when i go).

 

Want to think outside the box while keeping the flow of the workout.  At this point, i'm doing reverse leg lifts and reverse extension on an exercise ball.

 

Thanks