Hi all,
So had to rehab my right shoulder for bursitis (probably from poor shoulder health linked with chronic rounded shoulders) then as it healed I landed on my left shoulder 2 weeks ago during judo. Now I have seperated my left shoulder and just starting to rehab that. I just wanted to share some learning experiences I've had from these injuries.
1) I should have taken ths time out to see a physio to fix my shoulders alongside Foundation. I have learnt heaps about my scapula movement since seeing her. And discovered I was performing some movements incorrectly.
2) I get the chance to work on SLS with more thoracic extension. It is a challenge to perform the PEs without usimg your arms as counter balance.
3) I have gone back to SL PE1 with arms by my side and I can really focus on my spine. Same with FL PE5 and concentrating on TA activation.
4) Directing my energy towards posture and stretching as well as using light crossover training.
5) With a better understanding of scapula function and feedback I am looking forward to starting Foundation from PE1s to build up my shoulders again.
6) Finally I have learnt to not land on my shoulder during randori in judo!
Cheers,
DB