I think I didn't understand how to perform scapula shrugs sPL/PE1. You can see me trying it in the video. Is the correct movement? Thank you!
TRIM_20141115_211141.mp4
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 15, 2014 · 3 Replies · 84 Views
I think I didn't understand how to perform scapula shrugs sPL/PE1. You can see me trying it in the video. Is the correct movement? Thank you!
TRIM_20141115_211141.mp4
Don't let your hips sag. Keep your abs tight throughout the entire movement.
Focus on keeping your arms locked and 'sink' between your shoulders. Maintain a straight line along your body and think about the shoulders as a pivot point.
This might sound slightly esoteric but it's how I attempt to keep strict form.
Rayne-William said:Don't let your hips sag. Keep your abs tight throughout the entire movement.
Thanks for your answers! I tried my best and I found this exercise devastating, especially for my shoulders! infact they were the main muscles who failed! Is it a sign that I perform this exercise with the correct form?BlueLion said:Focus on keeping your arms locked and 'sink' between your shoulders. Maintain a straight line along your body and think about the shoulders as a pivot point.
This might sound slightly esoteric but it's how I attempt to keep strict form.
Another question is about hand placement. In the video Demonstation, I see the athlete places fingers completely outwards. Is this kind of placement a mandatory, or optional? I mean, I can for example place fingers forward, or partially outwards, as I prefer?
Thank you!!