different V-Sits? Which one is the "right" one?

Started by katlinchen, November 15, 2014 · 3 Replies · 2,049 Views

katlinchen

Just a general question, because yesterday a bunch of guys worked on their V-Sit and they all looked so different!

There were basically 3 different V-Sit styles.

1: http://www.google.at/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.intlgymnast.com%2Fimage%2Fdaily%2Fpovolya_anna.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.intlgymnast.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Dcategory%26id%3D80%26layout%3Dblog%26Itemid%3D190%26limitstart%3D60&h=675&w=450&tbnid=q2_aKNBlsIsQqM%3A&zoom=1&docid=hpZiZsi25M_JiM&ei=6UxnVJaGMIXhapDFgJAM&tbm=isch&ved=0CCIQMygDMAM&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=802&page=1&start=0&ndsp=24

2: http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/22/15569.jpg


3: http://www.google.at/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FGbZeD4q_cSE%2Fhqdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGbZeD4q_cSE&h=360&w=480&tbnid=Pvt5vmw0c45Z_M%3A&zoom=1&docid=16mUXj0-OZNGWM&ei=6UxnVJaGMIXhapDFgJAM&tbm=isch&ved=0CDAQMygRMBE&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1166&page=1&start=0&ndsp=24

If I had to guess I would say the girl in the first one has very good compression, but doesn't lean back a lot and doesn't bring the hips forward.

The girl in the second pic leans back a lot, so I guess her triceps must be pretty strong. But she isn't even close to her face with the legs.

And the guy in the last seems to have an even bigger problem with compression, but leans back a lot.

So; which of these is the hardest/most preferable? Which is the easiest? If mine looks like the one from the girl in the second pic, how do I train to get my shins touching my nose?

 

Rayne-William

Although the gymnast first picture isn't pressing her hips forward as much as the gymnast in the second picture. I would say the first picture would be correct. 

 

More overall pike stretching would be needed for greater compression. The integrated mobility elements for Manna are there to develop the gymnastic pike.

Kai.L

First one-easiest but best looking (most compression)

3rd one-hardest but worst looking (lacking compression)

Do tons of active stretches

rafal

I would say first picture is the best one. V-sit is all about compression and if you lack compression you have to compensate by leaning back using more triceps strength.