This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mixing gymnastic training with martal arts

Started by Francesco Pudda, November 14, 2014 · 0 Replies · 5 Views

Francesco Pudda

Hi all.

 

Actually I didn't know where to post such a question so I tried here, since I will somehow show you my monthly routine, in the course of time.

 

I started free weights training one year ago. Although I had read a lot (and "building the gymnastic body" included) it took me some months to build a proper mesocycle of training and its microcycles.

 

I trained steadly until june, on july just sometimes, and on august only two times :P.

 

So I started this new year of training quite fresh. My idea was to use a 4 weeks mesocyle whose the last microcycle was for deload (one day less of training, and the others remainins just half volumes), and the other microcycles were made of three days of fullbody training.

In october I understood that my body didn't overcompensate like the first year (rightly), so I decided to set the second day of the microcycle to a light day (half volume). In october I also started capoeira (twice a week), but for one reason or another one, I never managed to workout 5 times a week as planned.. until now.

 

This was my planned week:

 

Monday: heavy strength training

Tuesday: capoeira

Wendsday: light strength training

Thursday: capoeira

Friday: heavy strength training

 

This was how it actually went:

 

Monday: heavy strength training

Tuesday: capoeira

Wendsday: light strength training

Thursday: capoeira (very fatigued at the end but went well)

Friday: heavy strength training (completely exhausted and couldn't train properly)

 

I know that I recover slowly, but I thought that since the two training are completely differrent (completely anaerobic the first, almost coompletely aerobic the second one) I could have managed to stand it.

I really care for both, so I don't want to delete none of them but I was wondering how I could build a better routine.

 

First of all I will reduce my mesocycle from 4 to 3 weeks (2 of training and one of deload). But the real problem is the microcycle. At this stage of training could remove one day of strength training be detrimental for my progress? May a DUP like training relieve some fatigue?

I'd really love if someone experienced could help me. Thanks.

 

If you ever need my daily routine here my last workout that went well (monday's one):

 

Warm-up:

Joint rotations

Arms shaking

RTO wide support hold 5x20s

L-sit 2xMAX

Low middle split hold (on dips bars) 3x8-10s

 

Conditioning:

Straddle rings back lever (pronated hands) 5x7-8s

Floor tuck planche pushups 3x5 (1)

False grip rings muscle-up 3x3

Flat tuck front lever pull-ups 3x3

+ Legs

 

Cool-down

3x30s wall handstand (stamach to wall)

isometric stretching

 

(1) I used to perform them on floor so my ROM was limitated. I tried to perform them on step so that I could go al the way down (like a dip) and I was barely able to perform 1 of those