This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Clarification on Reps for SLS

Started by Peter Lavoie, November 14, 2014 · 3 Replies · 137 Views

Peter Lavoie

Hey Everyone,

 

A month in to GST and really enjoying it!

I have a question about reps the Cossack Squat and Side-to-Side Squat for the Single Leg Squat foundation practice (PE2 and PE3). 

 

Does 1 rep mean both sides (i.e. 1r = left AND right), or just one side (2r= left AND right)? I asked this question before and got the answer that the latter was right. If that's the case, whats up with the deload weeks for block 2 and block 3, which ask for an uneven number of reps, is that intended? 

 

So far I've been doing them with 1 rep = 1 side, just got to deload week and wondering if I did it correctly before moving forward.

 

Thanks for the help!

Peter

 

Jeremy Huston

Cossack is an up and down movement.  Every time you come up it counts as a rep.

 

Side-to-side is a side-to-side movement (duh).  Descend on your left side, move right, and return to left.  That is one rep.

 

Alternate which leg you start on for each set -- then the odd rep count doesn't really matter.

vinca_minor

Couldn't you just follow the 5 rep template for each side and achieve the same results as doing the 10 rep template for both?

Peter Lavoie

thanks Tex