This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hinge Row RC/PE1 rings

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 13, 2014 · 8 Replies · 266 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I have just bought foundation 1.

I see that the exercise hinge row RC/PE1 is performed with rings. Unfortunately I do not own rings. Can I have a different equipment, or replace this exercise in other way?

Thank you!

HB_Ron

Rings aren't necessary for this exercise , but you should get them because the first PEs prepare you for a more advanced rings work IMO.

TRX is a good alternative. Another option is doing Hinge Rows in a smith machine by adjusting the bar's height.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
HB_Ron said:

Rings aren't necessary for this exercise , but you should get them because the first PEs prepare you for a more advanced rings work IMO.

TRX is a good alternative. Another option is doing Hinge Rows in a smith machine by adjusting the bar's height.

OK thanks a lot. I imagined that buying some rings would be extremly useful. I do not know anything about rings. in my gym there is a Smith machine, it is possible to loop them at the smith machine bar? Or I have to loop them somewhere else?
Alessandro Di Sanzo

Nope the rings. Sorry lt looks like an idiot question. ... I mean, it is possibile to set rings height?

Alan Tseng

not possible to use smith machine for this eexecise, but you can hang rings on smith machine

Alexander Egebak

Or use straps around a hanging bar

Rayne-William

When you have the chance be sure to read the following threads:

 

1. New to Foundation One? Start here.....

In thread above you will find the following:
 

 

What equipment will I need?
Here is a list of the ideal equipment, with some suggestions for alternatives listed below.

1. A sturdy box or bench high enough that you can lie with your feet hanging down at 90 degrees. You will also need some way to anchor your feet on this; ring straps work very well, but weights, a partner or stall bars can also be used.

2. A pullup bar capable of supporting your weight

3. Adjustable dumbbells for mobility work
- Dumbbells provide the most versatility, however forum members have used kettlebells, water jugs, stones, bricks and more.

4. Access to stall bars
- Any surface at the right height can stand in for stall bars. A sturdy playground ladder is a perfect substitute, however it is also possible to perform many drills on a bench, vertical pole, or even a kitchen sink.

5. Rings
- Rings provide the most versatility and will be required later. For Foundation 1 work, it is possible to substitute with any kind of strap, rope or belt which can be looped over the bar.

6. A heavier weight, ideally an Olympic barbell
- Some drills allow for more resistance. A kettlebell, heavier dumbbell, or even a willing friend may be used for these drills.

7. Floor space
- Tiles or hardwood are not ideal for some drills; a yoga mat can help to make these more comfortable.

 

 

2. Foundation One Exercise Frequently Asked Questions

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Thank you all! I've just bought rings on the web! I'm very excited to begin! Let's get it started!

Alan Tseng
mauler said:

Thank you all! I've just bought rings on the web! I'm very excited to begin! Let's get it started!

Most FIG standard gymnastic rings would most likely work, however me personally, If I don't have Rings yet, I would wait a few extra days since GymnasticBodies Xtreme Rings have finished re-production and are in stock very soon