This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE11 form check

Started by LateStarter@46, November 12, 2014 · 4 Replies · 242 Views

LateStarter@46

Hello, please may I have some advice on going forwards with improving these Russian dips? I spent a long time working on the transition part of these and it has ended up segmenting the movement  :huh:

 

Russian dips side view

 

Russian dips front view

 

 

Many thanks  :)

 

[still don't know how to embed videos!!]

Sisyphus

Looks mostly fine from here. All I would say is that try not to duck the head as you shift forward and watch the feet (I had to remind myself to press them together to stop the same little kick kip that you have at times). 

 

What cycle are you at with them? 

LateStarter@46

Thanks for that. Yes the leg kip is really annoying! It's wierd how doing an arm exercise sets off a muscle in the leg.

I'm doing 5x5reps followed by some band assisted work whereby I try to 'levitate' from the bottom position - aiming to move diagonally up (more like the course video) rather than forwards and then straight up.

Sisyphus

It may not work for you but I'd be tempted to try working the diagonal movement in 3 or 4 sets of one or two reps without the band. Perhaps even going back to week five volume? But I'm sure you're in a better position to know where you are with your volume than I am!

Rayne-William

Going off the course video, you don't need to press back so much to get to upper arm support.

 

From parallel bar support and lowering down with your elbow flared out to the side puts you into the upper arm support position. From upper arm support position it just a matter of quickly pulling forward and pressing down at nearly the same.

 

Keeping you scapula depressed helps with the transition from upper arm support to parallel bar support.