Hi, I've been thinking about a few things since I started gst with foundation. In addition to gst I'm doing climbing specific exercises (bouldering, deadhang and oap) and gst has made me think more about how the body reacts to such exercise. Basically I'm wondering if there's any recommendations on separating bent and straight arm training? Also am I correct in understanding that straight arm training is best for developing strong tendons while bent arm will developed muscular strength? If this is correct, but there are exceptions, such as iron cross and maltese, are these exceptions simply because the elbow is in a very disadvantageous position in terms of support from the bicep? On the other hand would one arm deadhanging from a poor grip (such as a small list) also be more effective for strength (obviously not considering grip strength now) in bicep/lat/shoulder than deadhanging from a good grip (like rings)? I know the perceived work done by my bicep/lat/shoulder feels tenfold in such a case, but is it only that -percieved-, and not really harder as the angle and weight is the same?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Alternate straight arm and bent arm training
Started by Kasper, November 11, 2014 · 1 Replies · 111 Views
Both straight arms and bent arms develops the tendons. Straight arm exercises being static holds develops the stabilizer muscles (deep, smaller muscles). Bent arm exercises develops the prime mover muscles (superficial, bigger muscles.).