I've just started H1 and am having difficulty with the iM1. About 10 years ago I dislocated my ac joint and ever since I have experienced pain/ impingement when trying to raise my arm directly overhead. Has anyone else experienced something like this and did it eventually clear up by just following the program or did you have to do anything else in addition?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HS PE1 iM and old AC joint injury
Started by Adam Del Vecchio, November 11, 2014 · 1 Replies · 57 Views
I also have a separated shoulder (complete AC tear) from 14 years ago. That shoulder hasn't had any problems for many years -- likely due to lots of swimming. My other shoulder had undiagnosed issues as well. Now, after 10 months of Foundation and Handstand, both shoulders feel pretty good. I went swimming for the first time after starting GB a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe how loose my shoulders felt. I haven't done any other shoulder rehap than GB.
Foundation and Handstand will do marvelous things for your shoulders. Remember to take your time. Your shoulder "healed" in this impinged state and has been like this for 10 years. Don't expect or try to clear it up in a couple months or you'll end up with a worse injury.