Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Cool-down" after GST

Ryan Libke

After doing a session of GST, like a Foundation workout, a rings workout, or something similar, is anyone doing any find of "cool-down," that is, some kind of light exercises for the purposes of promoting recovery?  I have been working on Foundations, and do a warm-up, generally starting with something to get the heart rate and temperature up, like jumping jacks, jump rope, etc, and then move into something more specific before the work sets.  After the working set are all done, and I have done whatever else I can manage that day, I have been thinking about some sort of cool down, but wanted to see what others might be doing.  I was thinking of some push-ups, banded pulls, BW squats, or slow jump rope.  

Keilani Gutierrez

I recently moved to F7 on Monday and Thursday, so my cooldown is the mobility/stretching, i'd do after an Fa or Fb session only now, it's all done on the same day. includes pancake, pike(calves, hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings) and upper body stretches for pec, bicep and the wrist stretches from the handstand course. honestly, i thought F7 was gonna be harder(not saying it wasn't tiring the first time), but it puts me in a good place for stretching.