This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH: SL/PE1 ROM check

Started by Joseph Morris, November 9, 2014 · 6 Replies · 168 Views

Joseph Morris

Hi all, hoping to get some clarification on ROM here. Been doing F1/H1 since early August. As I was "finishing" SL/PE1 I realized my ROM was pretty bad and so I have been trying to figure out what adequate ROM feels like before I go back and plug the holes. I realize you can't see my hands (they're in fists and my arms are straight), but I'm hoping this is enough to see whether I'm hitting adequate ROM. It's only for a few seconds and not intended to represent a full work set at all. I just want to know if I'm getting as high as I need to. Thanks!

 

https://www.coachseye.com/v/l8LM 

 

PS Hope Coach's Eye is OK, it's the main video service I use for this sort of thing.

Oompa2

My vote is... 'you look good'

 

Keep working at that range mate. Good stuff

 

- Callum

LateStarter@46

Green with envy here, ROM looks good.

Joseph Morris

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Excellent! How long have you been working on this? Did you do any rolling on hip flexors and quads to get the ROM in your legs, or have you just been practicing the ABH?

 

Cam

Joseph Morris

Zach and Cameron -- thanks! I really don't do much to mobilize hip flexors beyond anything that might be built into F1. Pretty much all of my extra mobility efforts are aimed at ankles and hammies. I started F1/H1 the first week of August. I'm not sure if I've had this ROM the whole time or not, due to some mistakes in form which I caught but which set me back (got to 4x60s with less ROM, then realized the problem). This time I decided to do the video and get other eyes on so that when I restart the cycle I will know what proper ROM feels like. Appreciate the feedback, everyone!

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Wow that's awesome man... I started in May, and have about half your ROM, so you're doing well!

 

Keep it up :)