This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest between headstands

Started by Alex Tansel, November 9, 2014 · 6 Replies · 261 Views

Alex Tansel

Just reading through the old forum posts, and came across one talking about rest between sets.

 

Are we allowed to take as much rest as needed between the sets of headstands, 'cos I think this would mean I'd be able to achieve mastery for PE2 whereas if it was only 15 seconds rest I think my head and neck would hurt too much to finish.

I haven't quite mastered the iM anyway but it would still be good to know as it would affect my practice.

Thank you.

Mark Collins

Handstands are for form so take adequate rest.

ausswe

I personally wouldn't rest until I reach actual handstand work. Most of the pes are building strength in the shoulders and upper back

Murray Truelove

Consider where your H1 workout is in your weekly schedule. I do mine on active-rest days so I take a long time between sets. If I was doing it before a foundation workout I'd take a lot less rest.

Alex Tansel

Thanks for the replies, I have been surprised by how quickly I became comfortable with the tripod so I'm sure doing it without rest has its perks but it is nice to know that it isn't necessarily required for mastery.

Sven Ravnstag

"Make haste slowly."

 

I've found that I seldom rest too long if my intent is simply to recover enough to perform my next set properly.  On the other hand, I take entirely too much time between sets if I use any other criteria to determine how long I rest (checking the forum, email, etc).