Hej everyone,
I have been roped into teaching a fitness class with very limited equipment and I am having so,e trouble coming up with good ideas of how to go about it. I was hoping someone here could share some experience or ideas when it comes to this sort of thing.
Equipment available :
Short climbing wall
Ladder made entirely of rope hanging from ceiling
Weighted vest x1
Slack line
Lots of relatively soft floor space
Campus board ( rock climbing thing. basically a ladder you can only hold onto with the tips of your fingers)
Kettle bells x2
Shuttle cones but not much room to use them
THe idea is to spend about 1hour making a small group of people stronger/fitter
This will be a mix of people but mostly climbers a lot of beginners I think and I need to keep them entertained while getting results so I can't just do a foundationesq style training because let's face it, it can get boring but that's not why we do it.
There maybe be new people every now and then so doing a progression style training could be hard as few people will be there long enough to actually progress... ![]()
My idea is
10 min warm up: mobility type exercises to open them up a bit followed by star jumps, burpees, jogging to get the heart rate up.
20-30 min of some sort of strength work although not sure what exactly yet but with a big focus on technique and proper movement patterns especially in relation to climbing.
20 mins of more fun faster paced partner/game exercises. ( have some ideas but still needs work)
5-10 mins of stretching to warm down.
If anyone could help out that would be supremely appreciated
Cheers