Hello. I have an interesting set of requirements that I'm trying to satisfy with an indoor parkour-style gym (like this: http://www.simplifiedbuilding.com/blog/freestanding-portable-parkour-pipe-structure/).They are:
* Indoor, and can not screw into walls or floor in any way (apartment)
* 6' x 8' space limit, height is 9'
* Must support my GB workouts (6' 1", 181 lbs) (dips, rope, rings, stall bars, etc)
* Must support my 4' 1" (and growing) daughter's gymnastics, including high bar and ring work
So I designed a Kee Klamp-based gym that includes:
* Parallel bars (adjustable, default 20"), 5' long and 6' high (doubles for swinging)
* 8' high bar (rope climbs, pull-ups, rings)
* 7' stall bars (steel)
* 8' long and 5' wide overall
* T connections are all easily adjustable
So it's a pretty substantial piece. The problem is, I specified everything on Simplified Building and it is about $1200, including about $300 for 10 sets of angle braces to ensure it doesn't sway. Shipping is another $400+. This seems like a lot for a home gym, but then it is very high quality and complete re-configurable. Still, I was hoping it would be more like $800.
Any ideas on what I should do? Is this a good value?
How many angle braces are really necessary on a 6x8 rectangular structure that is 6-8' tall? There are 8 vertical posts and only 6 horizontal connectors before my stall bars are added at one end.
Is there a reasonable way to save on shipping charges? E.g. maybe there are Kee Klamp dealers in California or something. I have a mini-SUV.
I'd also like to know if anyone has made a similar structure and what your experiences were.
Thanks!