This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, November 4, 2014 · 4 Replies · 165 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys,

 

Did I perform RC/PE1 correctly? Is there an easier variation to this exercise?

 

In the last two reps, my left shoulder had very little pain. Therefore, I will switch to the 5-rep template. I know I have to rest for another two days. I just wanted to know where I was before I would start training again.

 

Any advice is highly appreciated :)

 

Rayne-William

The hinge is not at your waist. Think anterior pelvic tilt rather than posterior pelvic tilt.

 

Easier than this would be keep your butt on the floor, instead off of the floor.

Duff

Easier variation would be holding the top position or doing negatives.

 

You should position your hips directly under the hips; this will make the movement easier. Remember to only hinge at the hip - keep your back flat. Also, keep your head neutral, don't crane it forward.

HB_Ron
Rayne-William said:

The hinge is not at your waist. Think anterior pelvic tilt rather than posterior pelvic tilt.

 

Easier than this would be keep your butt on the floor, instead off of the floor.

 

Duff said:

Easier variation would be holding the top position or doing negatives.

 

You should position your hips directly under the hips; this will make the movement easier. Remember to only hinge at the hip - keep your back flat. Also, keep your head neutral, don't crane it forward.

The anterior pelvic tilt really helped me improve! What do you think of my form now?  :)

What is ' Hinge ' ? Haha..

 

Duff

Much better already :). I think you need to be a bit more upright and retract some more, but those are minor points.

 

Hinge is just a fancy word for 'to move around an axis'. What it means is, if you look at the course video, the athletes legs and butt don't move at all during the exercise. They stay in place at the same height.