This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Discomfort in Front of Shoulders

Started by Charles McRae, November 3, 2014 · 6 Replies · 298 Views

Charles McRae

I have started to have a slight discomfort in the front of both my shoulders, but I'm not sure which movement is the culprit.  I do not really have any pain during the work out, but it comes on later that day or even the next day.  I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction so I can adjust appropriately.  I feel like it might be sPL/PE3 or HBP/PE2, but I'm not certain.  Thanks in advance.

 

Currently on:

 

FL/PE2

sPL/PE3

SL/PE1

MN/PE2

SLS/PE3

HBP/PE2

RC/PE1 

 

HB_Ron
Charles McRae said:

 I do not really have any pain during the work out, but it comes on later that day or even the next day.  

I think you're developing Peritendonitis. Take a week off of your training or at least reduce the volume to allow the inflamed tissue an opportunity to recover. You described that during a workout(when you're warmed up) you don't feel any pain. However, you feel pain while resting. This is one of the symptoms of Peritendonitis.  I'm kind of suffering from it too. Its behaviour lets us, the athletes , keep with our activity and due to this it'll prolong the healing time and can develop permanent tendon injuries.

Krel

Pain in front of shoulders is very often due to proximal bicep tendon (tendon that connect the biceps muscle to the shoulder) injury. Be careful with :

- RC

- HBP

- sPL

Don't hesitate to go back to easier variations in order to allow your connective tissue to adapt.

Charles McRae

Thanks.  I will back off on the volume after some downtime and see how they feel.

Alessandro Mainente

The major part of front shoulder problem reveals a beginning of impingement, from here follows all problems connected with bicep tendon issue and front shoulder issue. by seeing the PE you are doing probably you can simply adjust the correct the movement. on the friday 31/10 I was in a gym to teach something about BW training to a triathlon team. all of them have the same anterior delt pain and all of them were experimenting it on push up with hands closer to the hips. As I was thinking no one of them  were DEPRESSING the necessary to avoid reduction above the rotator cuff tendon. I spend 1 hour teaching them how to depress the shoulders when the body changes the orientation from standing to front support. Problem solved. An High % of person do not depress sufficiently on the push up. I was one of those.

Charles McRae

I want make sure I'm understanding what you are saying.  Are you referring to scapular depressing during the push up?

Keilani Gutierrez

huh....that explains a lot with how my shoulders start feeling funky after pushups.. thanks Alex! #thumbsup