This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating dislocates into F1

Started by texas_ed, November 2, 2014 · 9 Replies · 478 Views

texas_ed

Hi all,

 

I just listened to the 3 Wolf/Sommers podcasts. Very inspiring and very educational!

 

I'm practically the guy running through the door and leaving my outline in it, for dislocates. I've long known I've got really tight, immobile shoulders, and Coach saying that they're the best thing for shoulders, well, I'm interested.

 

I'm starting week 8 of F1. Any suggestions on the best way to integrate dislocates into the F1 coursework? Can I replace something with dislocates (e.g. German arm swings)? Should I do them completely outside of the coursework? I was thinking of maybe adding them in during ABH, so I would do the ABH, then standing hip circles then dislocates then repeat.

 

 

korija

just save them for the end of the workout

JamesP

H1 has them integrated with the HS PE elements.

Rayne-William

No, you can't replace something with shoulder dislocates and you really shouldn't either.

 

Within the foundation series the closest thing to shoulder dislocates is the Xiaopeng forward (HBP/PE2>iM) and Xiaopeng backward(HBP/PE3>iM).

 

Just follow the course as it has been designed.

Daniel Burnham

I would suggest also getting h1. There are many dislocate drills and shoulder mobility exercises in that cirriculum that are very good and go well with f1 at the same time. You can also add dislocated to your warmup several times a week. I personally do 15 minutes of shoulder waemup and rehab/prehab before starting my workout each day.

altiplanico

Daniel,

 

how many dislocates drills do you believe is it advisable to have in the workout? Currently I do 5x5 of both standing overgrip dislocate (HS/PE5>iM) and standing undergrip dislocate (HS/PE6>iM) in a very slow tempo which takes me about 12-15 min.

Damon Amato

Looks like you answered your own question.

texas_ed

Daniel, what's the recommended way to do both F1 and H1 at the same time? I do F1 3 days/week right now.

Daniel Burnham
altiplanico said:

Daniel,

how many dislocates drills do you believe is it advisable to have in the workout? Currently I do 5x5 of both standing overgrip dislocate (HS/PE5>iM) and standing undergrip dislocate (HS/PE6>iM) in a very slow tempo which takes me about 12-15 min.

That's an ok prescription. I prefer to warmup with higher reps 10-15 of light dislocates. Then I move to some weighted work on my shoulder. For me this shoulder therapy comes first.

Rayne-William
texas_ed said:

Daniel, what's the recommended way to do both F1 and H1 at the same time? I do F1 3 days/week right now.

When you purchase H1 you will have more workout schedule options to choose from.  Pick the workout schedule which works best for you.